Feeling Hungry already!! Being a fan of American Breakfast and places, I have tried couple of places and food. I love eating out and specially breakfasts. Mainly, I like Bagel, Doughnuts, Danishes, Croissants and my favorite are Pancakes and hence tried them at several places. I wait for weekends to go out and eat. Yes, That’s me and my preferences. I am stubborn when it comes to what I like to eat. Mister then have to take me out for breakfasts!! I don’t loose a chance to go to Ellys on weekends. This started when one morning, I went to this amazing Breakfast place and became a fan.
Elly’s Pancake house offers a wide range of breakfast menu for every age group. This place is super famous and pretty amazing and hence you will always see people waiting for their turns. However, waiting time is never more than 15 minutes. That already proves its specialty. This place is as good as for Vegetarians as it is for meat eaters.
What I love about Ellys :
- Ambience: A very personalized ambience with loads of space and perfect sitting arrangement for the customers. They have round chair and booth arrangement in their restaurant. This place is a mix of traditional and urban style. Other places are more commercial. I love to take the booth on the window side to enjoy the sunlight coming through the window. The staff is friendly and place is neat and tidy.
- Coffee: I enjoy their coffee as much as I enjoy Starbucks. The best part is free-refill. Many places offers free refills but with this coffee, it makes the buy worth it.
- The Food (The Veggie Skillet and dressing): The Veggie skillet is my favorite. They serve it over the bed of hash browns and my choice of veggies (i.e., mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, bell pepper and onions). You can ask for more and even ask not to add what you don’t like. They customized the eggs to make it sunny side up or scrambled on choice. A variety of cream, Jam, butter and whipped cream is always residing on the side of your table so that you don’t have to ask for it. I do not see it in other places.
- Pancakes and Maple Syrup: This is another favorite thing which takes me back every time to this place. They serve the softest and yummiest Pancakes with hot Maple syrup in a traditional aluminum pot. The Pancakes are served with varieties i.e., chocolate chip, cinnamon apple, fruits and cream and plain of-course. My personal favorite is having them with chocolate chips with strawberries on it.
- Location and Timings: This place is Located in a posh area of Glenview with a huge free parking lot on both sides of the restaurant which is very comfortable for customers. They have 6 more locations all in Illinois. The restaurant is open from 6 am to 4 pm everyday (except for national Holidays).
I would highly recommend you to visit this place and enjoy the breakfast here. This restaurant is best among Breakfast Chains in Chicago.
I give this restaurant a rating of 3.8 out of 5 which makes it quite worth it.
Go to the website to book a table: Ellys Pancake House
Stay Tuned for more blogs on fashion, Food and Lifestyle!! Eat good and Healthy!!